101. You want to learn crochet? So do I!


Welcome, friends and fans!

First, let me start with a short background story. As some of you may know, I created Loomatics because loom knitting has been my passion for many years.

However, after a while I got the urge to start something new... a new hobby, a new craft. I still love my looms... but... I also started to notice that you simply can't do everything with them.  Besides, I found myself having to buy more and more looms...


To the point of getting ridiculous... wooden looms, plastic looms, metal looms... straight rooms, round looms... figure 8 looms... just to make that size, shape or gauge I need. Madness!


What about needle knitting then? I might, one day... but for now I shudder to think about dropping needles, losing stitches, ending up with a triangle instead of a square piece - in short, the very reason I picked up loom knitting in the first place. I'm not sure who posted the picture below, but that is me - to a T!


Sewing? I actually love sewing, but truth be old, I don't take out the sewing machine often enough these days. Laying out the pattern, cutting the fabric, zigzagging all pieces, pinning it together, then finally get to the sewing is just too much work for one project. Again a stock image below, but it is eerily similar to my own room after a project...


Cross stitch embroidery? Nice, but too finicky and boring for me. I shudder at the thought of every finishing a project like below...


What else is there? Painting? Errrr. No. Just NO.


Funny enough, I never, ever considered crochet. Isn't that for old, square grannies? Don't you need a degree in science to understand what hole to stick that hook in? Crochet, to me, was the last hurdle to conquer and also my biggest fear.


Try as I may, I just could NOT get the hang of crocheting. Until I started watching Youtube tutorials on how to crochet (THANK you ladies and gents for your relentless efforts to convey your vast knowledge).

I found that crocheting is not only fun, but it is easy to learn and within weeks, you will be able to create the cutest projects that actually look professional.

So, why do we need yet another site and Youtube channel? Simple. Because I, like yourself, know what it is to be an absolute beginner. I know what it is like to be held by the hand, to be taught in baby steps, to skip the insider lingo.


A second reason is because I am inherently lazy... and if like me you want quick, finish-in-one-day cute project that don't require a huge amount of sewing, weaving in loose ends, preparation and brains, please learn with me! Most of my patterns and tutorials can be finished in one or two days - don't worry. I hate tedious long projects too... unless of course the result is totally worth it!

One last word about patterns: when I cover or print a pattern, I will try my very best to contact the creator and ask their permission. To the best of my knowledge, all patterns I refer to are completely free and public domain. I'll try to give credit to the creator.

If, by any chance, you are the author of a pattern and I have infringed your copyright and/or did not manage to contact you, please don't be angry... send me a note and we'll sort it out.

So, are you ready? Let's begin - by spending some money!

Comments