Easy peasy dish cloth

You didn't see this coming, did you? You only just learned how to. And here is your first project already?

Yep, you read that right. You are already capable of making that most vital item for your kitchen: a dishcloth.

When I just got married, my husband introduced me to a home made dish cloth, which was knitted according to some ancient, traditional and probably very secret ritual.

But by jove I loved that cloth and I have been trying to find the secret of how to make one ever since. This is what it looked like:


Apparently they don't come any more traditional than that... but what I was looking to make did not need to be that fancy really. I just wanted a rag to clean the dishes, counter, sinks, etc.

Now with your new found crocheting skills, you will be able to create something just as pretty - it will even have a pretty edge. And it is dead, dead, dead simple to make, as in, absolutely nothing to it at all.

The true secret to success is to use real cotton yarn, worsted weight or gauge 4.

Do you like the various colors? Impossible to reproduce, no? No indeed. Just buy something like this with the magic built right in:


 What we are going to make is going to look like this:

x


Comments